Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Four Questions: Madame Chic

 
 
 
 

1. What inspired you to create a blog and how did it culminate in a book?


I started my blog, the Daily Connoisseur, in 2008 to write about things I'm passionate about: living well, beauty, fashion, etiquette, etc. I also loved to blog about France as I'm a big Francophile. I started a series called The Top 20 Things I Learned While Living in Paris that became very popular. I had so much more to say on the subject so I turned the series into my book, Lessons from Madame Chic.

 

2. What is it about the French that personifies the essence of being chic?

 
France is unlike any place I've ever traveled to. The French are so passionate about the simplest things: food, style, detail and order. Their 'chicness' comes from paying attention to detail but also infusing passion into everything they do. 

 

3. Why do you think Americans are fascinated by the French lifestyle and culture?


We are beguiled by how the French seem to live so well. Their style is effortless. Their pleasure, whether it is from art, food or wine, seems to run so deep. They are mysterious people too and Americans are fascinated by mystery.

 

4. As a Francophile, do you plan on returning to live in France one day?


It would be a dream of mine to have a vacation home in France one day, but I am very happy living in California. I love to travel and infuse the best elements of other cultures into my American lifestyle as I did with my time in Paris. The art of living well is something I'll never get tired of exploring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment