Friday, June 29, 2012

Lunch a favorite author, Dr. Samuel Park



Lunch with a favorite author:  Dr. Samuel Park

A few weeks ago, I received news that Dr. Samuel Park, English professor and acclaimed author of This Burns My Heart would be presenting at the Gaithersburg Book Festival in MD.  We have been friends on social media and via this blog for some time so this was exciting for me.  I easily found him at Kramerbooks  in Dupont Circle, Washington, DC. Is it ironic that I learned about a cool restaurant with books from a visitor to my area of abode? The two of us got on like two old chums and noted that when you meet someone you already know from interacting through technology; it can be interesting. We concluded that we were both just like the online presence we projected.  Finally, I decided we might have come up with an interesting sociological study.

We chatted on writing, teaching, and life in general. It’s a wonderful day when you find that rare person with whom you have so much in common. I was beyond excited to hear a few details about the incredible new novel he has in the works. I appreciated this gifted author telling me his tales!  Make sure to read This Burns My Heart and make him giant on @amazon.com rankings!

No comments:

Post a Comment